If you have been thinking about entering the Younger Geospatial Professional of the Year Award for 2019, but have not had the time to prepare your video, the deadline has been extended 1 week to March 22, 2019 and if you would rather make a written submission it will be accepted.
New this year, the Younger Geospatial Professional of the Year Award (YGP of the Year Award) will be publicly announced at SPAR 3D Expo & Conference 2019. Brought to you by Lidar News, SPAR 3D and Leica Geosystems this is a unique opportunity to recognize a YGP for his/her achievements in the 3D geospatial technology space.
How it Works:
Geospatial professionals, 35 years old and younger are encouraged to submit a 2.5 to 3 minute video highlighting the following:
- Educational background
- Work history with positions held
- Professional accomplishments to date
- A brief overview of a 10 minute presentation that you will make at SPAR 3D. See suggested topics below, but feel free to suggest your own.
- How you will take advantage of this award to encourage others to pursue excellence and leadership in their geospatial careers
- A Demonstration of The Power of 3D Visualization
- Programs to Attract and Retain Young Professionals to the Geospatial Industry
- A Day in the Life of a Geospatial Professional in 2025
- How Will Geospatial Professionals Be Involved with Smart Cities, Autonomous Vehicles, Mini – Satellites and More…
The recipient of the award will receive a pass to attend the full SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, three free nights hotel stay and up to $1,000 reimbursement for coach airfare, thanks to Leica Geosystems.
Deadline for Younger Geospatial Professional Nominations:
The YGPs will be judged on the quality of their submissions. Videos are due March 22, 2019. The winner will be notified by April 1, 2019.
Questions and Submissions:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and with your submission.
Please help us pass the word about this unique opportunity by telling your friends and colleagues and employers please encourage your YGPs to submit their video.
Thank you for your support.