Please join USIBD – the U.S. Institute of Building Documentation today, so you can get involved with their important mission of standardizing and advancing the 3D building documentation industry.
Join professionals from all areas of the Building Documentation industry, working together to:
• Create standards for the industry
• Provide learning opportunities for Building Documentation practitioners
• Provide information about the state of the industry, advances in technologies
• Provide all Building Documentation stakeholders the resources and information they can use to improve their businesses and work products.
• USIBD members are located in the US, Canada, Europe, South America, Australia and the Pacific Rim.
Guiding Principals of USIBD
- We believe in open standards.
- We believe in providing an open forum where all stakeholder groups with an interest in Building Documentation can gather to share ideas and information, network with one another and access resources.
- We believe in advancing Interoperability – working with other accepted standards.
- We believe in fostering excellence in the productivity, quality and safety of the Building Documentation process.
- We will promote ethical practices and the highest integrity.
- We do not wish to re-invent the wheel, instead, we believe in supporting influencing and promoting the growth of other meaningful standards in lieu of creating new ones.
- We believe in the development of prescriptive standards that define the result, not the process – “Intent defines process”.
If you join before the end of the year you can take 20% off your first year’s annual dues. This is one of the best ways for you to give back to your profession.
For more information on the USIBD click here.
Note – If you liked this post click here to stay informed of all of the 3D laser scanning, geomatics, UAS, autonomous vehicle and Lidar News. If you have an informative 3D video that you would like us to promote, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.